Home Latest10News Crashed Indonesian Jet’s Passengers Shoes, Wallets, Clothes Recovered, US Man Convicted Of...

Crashed Indonesian Jet’s Passengers Shoes, Wallets, Clothes Recovered, US Man Convicted Of Double Murder Put To Death

337
0

Crashed Indonesian Jet’s Passengers Shoes, Wallets,

Clothes Recovered

JAKARTA:

On Friday,Chairs, wheels and additional parts of a crashed Indonesian Lion Air jet were hauled. From the depths as authorities analyzed black box information. It will explain why the plane plummeted into the Java Sea, killing 189 people.
“Today we will start diving (again) at the spot. Where we think the plane crashed,” said Isswarto. Commander of the Indonesian navy’s search-and-rescue division.
“There is a lot of little debris, plane wheels, and chairs — all totally destroyed and in pieces.”
Divers were searching an area about 25-35 metres deep. But have been finding fewer body parts than earlier in the week, he added.
“They’re scattered everywhere and some may have been washed away by the current.”

US Man Convicted Of Double Murder Put To Death

CHICAGO:

On Thursday, a Tennessee man convicted of a double murder was put to death. In the electric chair, after insisting on the rarely used method rather than lethal injection.
Edmund Zagorski, 63, was the first US convict in five years to be put to death by electrocution.
Zagorski was sentenced to death for the 1983 murders of two men. He lured into a wooded area with a promise to sell them marijuana. The victims’ bodies were found two weeks later, shot and their throats slit.

‘Macabre requirement’

Robert Dunham, head of the Death Penalty Information Center, that tracks US executions. Said: “What we’re seeing in Tennessee. Is a direct result of the US Supreme Court’s macabre requirement that prisoners propose an alternative method of execution. Before the court will evaluate whether the method the state seeks to use is unconstitutionally cruel.”
“It says a lot about the failures of lethal injection as a method of execution. That a prisoner would opt for a method he considers to be a half-minute of torture. Instead of one he considers to be 18 minutes of torture,” Dunham added.

TV Titans Trump And Oprah Go opposite On US

Campaign Trail

On Thursday, Two former TV stars and political opposites.  Media mogul Oprah Winfrey and President Donald Trump – took to the U.S. campaign trail. Five days before elections.
“I’m here today to support a change maker.” The movie star and former TV talk show host told a crowd in Cobb County northwest of Atlanta. “She is dynamic. She is so inspired and inspiring.”
Trump, who gained nationwide fame as star of the reality show The Apprentice. Was in the second day of an 11-rally tour of states with competitive Senate races. He was to campaign with fellow Republican Josh Hawley. Who is trying to unseat Democratic U.S. Senator Claire McCaskill.

Trump’s Advisers meet up Saudi Crown Prince In

uncommon Visit

A group of prominent U.S. evangelical figures. Including several of President Donald Trump’s evangelical advisers. Met Thursday with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. Whose role in the killing of Washington Post contributing columnist Jamal Khashoggi remains unclear.

Group spokesman Johnnie Moore, who also serves as the White House’s unofficial liaison. To a group of well-known conservative evangelicals.

 

Said Khashoggi’s killing and other human rights issues were “discussed” Thursday with the Saudi prince. He declined to say more.

“The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Is among the wealthiest, most powerful, and most important nations in the Middle East, in all of history,” he said. “It also has enormous influence on the Islamic theology taught throughout the entire globe. While the Kingdom is restrictive and controversial in various and serious respects.

It has under the Crown Prince begun to undergo reform and professed the desire to change in profound ways. Precisely for these reasons, we thought it was wise to accept the invitation we received. From the Kingdom, issued more than two months ago. To come as evangelicals to engage in a dialogue.”

US: Will Decide On Sanctions On Khashoggi Killing In

“Handful More Weeks”

WASHINGTON:

On Thursday Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said it would be a “handful more weeks”. Before the United States had enough evidence to impose sanctions. In response to the killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.

Pompeo, in an interview with KMOX radio in St. Louis, said the administration is “reviewing putting sanctions on the individuals. That we have been able to identify to date in that murder.”

“It’ll take us probably a handful more weeks before we have enough evidence. To actually put those sanctions in place. But I think we’ll be able to get there,” Pompeo said.

“We’re going to find the fact pattern,” he said. “The president said we will demand accountability for those who were involved in the commission of this heinous crime.”

Saudi Crown Prince Told US Khashoggi Was

Dangerous After He Disappeared

According to people familiar with the discussion. Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman described slain journalist Jamal Khashoggi as a dangerous Islamist days after his disappearance in a phone call with President Donald Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner and national security adviser John Bolton, The attempt to criticize Khashoggi in private stands in contrast to the Saudi government’s later public statements decrying the journalist’s death as a “terrible mistake” and “terrible tragedy.”

“The incident that happened is very painful, for all Saudis,” Mohammed, the kingdom’s de facto leader, said during a panel discussion last week. “The incident is not justifiable.”

“Jamal Khashoggi was not a member of the Muslim Brotherhood. He denied such claims repeatedly over the past several years,” the family said. “Jamal Khashoggi was not a dangerous person in any way possible. To claim otherwise would be ridiculous.”
A Saudi official denied Wednesday that the crown prince made the allegations, saying that “routine calls do exist from time to time” between the young leader and top U.S. officials but that “no such commentary was conveyed.”

Trump’s Top Choice Heather Nauert To Replace Nikki

Haley

WASHINGTON:

On Thursday President Donald Trump said he was seriously considering naming U.S. State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert to succeed Nikki Haley as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, adding he would make a decision on the posting soon.
Trump told reporters at the White House after announcing planned changes to U.S. immigration policy “She is under very serious consideration,”. “She’s excellent. And been with us for a very long time. She’s been a supporter for a long time … We’ll probably make a decision next week.”

Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting Suspect Pleads Not

Guilty

PITTSBURGH:

On Thursday in a federal court Appearing defiant and swaggering, the man charged with killing 11 worshippers in a Pittsburgh synagogue, pleaded not guilty as the Jewish community buried three more of the dead.

He spoke little, other than to say he understood the charges against him and that some of them could result in the death penalty, then entered a plea of not guilty. He also requested a jury trial.

Robert Bowers, 46, an avowed anti-Semite, was brought before Judge Robert Mitchell in U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, dressed in a red jumpsuit with a bandaged left arm.

Google Employees about The globe Stage Protest on

Workplace Harassment

MOUNTAIN VIEW, CALIFORNIA:

On Thursday to protest the company’s response to sexual harassment and demand that the world’s largest search engine address rising concerns about workplace inequality Thousands of Google employees around the world briefly walked off their jobs.

The protests took place in waves, beginning in Asia and then streaming across Europe and North America, with the final wave occurring at Google’s headquarters in Mountain View, California.

 

The protests, which drew Google contract workers as well as employees, followed a New York Times report last week that Google in 2014 gave a $90 million exit package to a senior vice president, Andy Rubin, after an accusation of sexual harassment.

 

Trump Threatens Shooting Of Central American

migrant that Throw Stones

WASHINGTON:

On Thursday President Donald Trump warned that soldiers deployed to the Mexican border could shoot Central American migrants who throw stones at them while attempting to cross illegally.
“We’re not going to put up with that. They want to throw rocks at our military, our military fights back,” he said. “I told them (troops) consider it (a rock) a rifle. When they throw rocks like they did at the Mexican military and police, I say consider it a rifle.”

“This is totally legal. No, we’re stopping people at the border. This is an invasion, and nobody is even questioning that,” he said.

“We’ll be doing an executive order sometime next week,” he said, giving little further detail.
Trump said he was not anti-immigrant but wanted immigration completely under control.