Kellyanne Conway’s 15-12 months-old daughter, Claudia Conway, went viral just after submitting movies criticizing her mom’s manager, Donald Trump. Here’s what else you want to know about the teenager activist.
Kellyanne is not the most famous member of the Conway household any more. Claudia Conway, her 15-calendar year-previous daughter, garnered major notice right after her amusing, anti-Donald Trump movies went viral on TikTok. Here’s what else you need to have to know about the teen, an activist whose politics could not be extra diverse from her mother’s.
1. She identifies as a leftist and a liberal. Irrespective of her mother staying the president’s counselor and one particular of his fiercest defenders, Claudia isn’t conservative. She was just 12 decades outdated when she moved to Washington, DC, from New Jersey for her mom’s task. “I’m nevertheless a child, of course,” Claudia informed Insider. “I took the time to educate myself and took the time to department out and be uncovered to other sides and other biases and whatnot.”
The teen confessed that she and her mom do argue about politics. “I’m not heading to lie. My mom is my very best close friend but we do battle all the time more than politics, and I’m always shut down by my complete family,” she stated.
2. But she respects her mom and her sights. “I assume I want everybody to know that. My mom is the strongest person I know and she’s 100% a feminist,” Claudia explained in her Insider interview. She said that she struggles with folks thinking that she will have to be a Trump supporter like her mom. Kellyanne asked that she consider down her viral TikToks about Trump, but Claudia declined.
She’s not the only liberal in the spouse and children who butts heads with her mom. Claudia’s father, George Conway, is a staunch Trump opponent who publicly criticizes him. He even began the anti-Trump conservative PAC Lincoln Project. So, it’s seriously no surprise that Kellyanne is wonderful with her daughter expressing distinctive political views.
3. She supports the Black Life Subject movement. Claudia is an activist and ally, and deeply concerned with Black Life Make a difference and LGBTQ+ legal rights. The teen marched in Washington, DC in the quite protests that her mother’s manager experimented with to cease with the Insurrection Act. Her TikTok and Instagram webpages reflect her get the job done. One these types of picture on Instagram exhibits the barricades Trump quickly place up about the White Home. She wrote as the caption, “To the black group, YOU issue. all black life issue. black women. black guys. black LGTBQIA+. you all subject. maintain battling. this isn’t about yet. to non-black men and women, like myself, we should use our privilege for good. we Must be allies.
“We need to listen. we have to teach ourselves,” she ongoing. “we ALL need to advocate. this is not a matter of bipartisan politics. we all need to test our bias at the doorway. we ought to test our political affiliations at the doorway. this is a human legal rights movement. we should come collectively. we will not halt speaking out until eventually an close is place to this. let’s conclude systemic racism and demolish the agenda of institutional racism. let’s get on the Right side of history.”
4. She mentioned she’s employing TikTok to “spread love.” Her viral online video, which you can see down below, featured Claudia telling a follower that she can have various viewpoints from her mom. “Believe it or not, you can have your individual thoughts not affected by your parents at all,” she suggests in the clip. She asked Trump supporters to remember to stop commenting items like “Trump 2020” on her posts. She instructed Insider that she desires to use her TikTok platform to “inform folks and spread really like.”
“I consider that ignorance stems from a lack of instruction and a deficiency of understanding and I consider awareness is ability,” she stated. “Even if you have reverse views of me as lengthy as you’re informed and capable to see equally sides which is all that seriously matters.”
5. She’s an advocate for psychological wellbeing recognition. Claudia penned a passionate article on Instagram in May for Mental Well being Consciousness month, revealing that she has experienced “run-ins with mental health difficulties.” And she preferred her followers to know that they weren’t by itself, as nicely as split the stigma for men and women who don’t realize. “i am ordinary. YOU are typical. i’m listed here to inform you that it is All right to NOT be okay. millions and Hundreds of thousands of persons are likely via the very same factor you are. 1 in 4 folks will experience by way of at least one particular psychological problem in the course of their life time. (Globe Wellness Business) you by no means truly know what anyone else is likely by means of. be type.